Real Madrid will reportedly fail to finalize the deal for Ajax prodigy Donny Van de Beek, which could open the doors to Manchester United’s Paul Pogba to finally arrive in the Spanish capital
Although a few days ago the Dutchman’s signing seemed like a done deal, the 22-year-old will remain at the Johan Cruyff Arena in all likelihood.
The Lancers swept Venlo aside with a commanding 4-1 away triumph in the Eredivisie on Saturday, and Erik ten Hag has confirmed Van de Beek will be part of the Ajax squad this season on the eve of that encounter.
“Donny van de Beek is playing for Ajax this year,” he said.
Ajax manager Erik ten Hag has confirmed that Donny van de Beek will be staying at the club this summer. pic.twitter.com/f7gdxxdjQf— Transferchanger (@TransferChanger) August 17, 2019
The highly-rated youngster has said to be a backup option for Paul Pogba, who has been Los Blancos’ top target in this transfer window.
However, Zinedine Zidane’s hesitation to approve the signing of Van de Beek has also indicated that the French manager wants to link up with his fellow countryman by September 2.
Also, the Red Devils have so far been adamant the 26-year-old won’t depart the Theatre of Dreams, and have even slapped a staggering 180m price tag on him to fend off Real’s interest.
In light of current events, La Liga giants may make a last-ditch effort to lure the France international to the Bernabeu in the final days of the transfer window.