Mendes provides update on Ronaldo future

    Jorge Mendes has outlined Cristiano Ronaldo’s objectives for the foreseeable future amid Juventus exit links.

    Despite being forced out of action almost a month after contracting COVID-19, Ronaldo has been Juventus’ standout performer this season.

    The Portuguese goal-scoring machine has racked up eight goals in five Serie A outings, scoring three braces!

    Indeed, his blitzkrieg brace against Cagliari last weekend made all the difference between the sides, as Ronaldo looks to open his Champions League account for the season.

    Having featured only once in Europe’s top competition so far, the 35-year-old forward will be desperate to hit the ground running against Ferencvaros on Wednesday.

    Juventus’ inability to mount a serious challenge for the Champions League title in recent years has led to speculations about Ronaldo’s desire to leave Turin.

    However, confident of having more good years in his boots, the former Real Madrid superstar is keen to continue impressing for Andrea Pirlo’s side, according to his agent Jorge Mendes.

    “I’ve said it many times in the past, and I think very few people doubt this: Cristiano is the best player in history, and no other player can compare to him,” super-agent Mendes told Tuttosport.

    “There isn’t one record he can’t break. Soon, he will become the player with the most goals with club and country in history.

    “CR7 feeds on objectives, and he keeps reinventing himself in order to achieve them. The team’s targets become entangled with his personal targets.

    “Apart from being the star, Juventus is a better leader day by day.

    “Between this and next season (his last), Cristiano wants to rewrite several pages in world football.”

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here