Ralf Rangnick will not come to AC Milan after all after his representatives have confirmed that talks between the parties have been abandoned
Not long ago, Rangnick seemed to be a step away from becoming Milan’s head coach and technical director, but the deal has now collapsed, according to German’s consultant Marc Kosicke.
Speaking of talks between the 62-year-old head of sport and development at Red Bull and the ‘Rossoneri,’ Kosicke has said that the time is not right for the parties to start working together.
“Milan and Ralf Rangnick have agreed that now is not the right time to work together,” he told Bild, as relayed the ForzaItalianFootball.
“For this reason, and taking into consideration the good results under Stefano Pioli, it was decided that Rangnick would not take on a role at Milan.”
BREAKING: German site Kicker is reporting that Ralf Rangnick’s proposed move to take over at Milan next season has been abandoned https://t.co/2QRb0LjsgX #ACMilan #dierotenbullen pic.twitter.com/G4U18YmzvN— footballitalia (@footballitalia) July 21, 2020
Rangnick’s proposed arrival at the helm of the San Siro outfit was expected to see Stefano Pioli step down. But, Milan’s upturn in form in the recent period seems to have helped the Italian manager to keep his job.
Indeed, the Milanese giants have been impressive since the resumption of football in June, winning all but two of their eight Serie A games post restart (D2).
Importantly, Pioli’s men have done it in remarkable fashion, scoring an average of 3.12 goals across those games.
Additionally, the club legend Paolo Maldini will also remain at the San Siro after previously making it clear that he won’t accept the prospect of becoming a Milan club ambassador.